Mar 13, 2020
Dear Friends of the Art Museum of South Texas,
The safety and wellbeing of our visitors, docents, speakers, and staff are our highest priority.
The Museum remains open during its regular hours and is implementing CDC-recommended protocols. All previously scheduled group tours, educational field trips, and overnight visits are currently proceeding as planned. Hester’s Café at the Museum is also open during their regular operating hours.
While there are currently no confirmed cases in the Coastal Bend community, following are some of the important precautionary measures the Museum has already taken to address the situation:
- We have instituted more frequent and comprehensive disinfecting practices of common areas.
- We continue to recommend that all Museum visitors follow prevention measures for the protection and safety of themselves and our community:
- Increase the frequency and length of hand-washing
- Refrain from touching faces, specifically eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cough or sneeze into the corner of an elbow to diminish spread of viruses
- We have directed our employees and volunteers that if they experience any symptoms, they are to remain home and seek medical advice.
- Additionally, we request anyone who is suspected of being infected with COVID-19, or has interacted with someone who is infected, or has traveled in the last 14 days from any high-risk affected country, please plan your visit to the Art Museum of South Texas for a later date.
We will continue to keep you informed through our website and social media.
Thank you for your support of AMST.