A READING WONDERLAND 2023
About the Contest
WHO: H-E-B, The Junior League of Corpus Christi, the Art Museum of South Texas, and 30 area school groups/organizations
WHAT: Register your school group to compete in the 14th Annual A Reading Wonderland Tree-Decorating Contest
WHEN: Nov. 13, 14, 15 (10am-6pm), Nov. 16 (10am-8pm), Nov. 18 (10am-7pm) to decorate trees; Dec. 9 (10am-3pm) for Free Holiday Family Day
WHERE: The Art Museum of South Texas
WHY: To give students, teachers and families in the Coastal Bend the opportunity to foster a love of reading and to promote critical thinking and creativity through exploration of award-winning literature and illustrations.
All interested parties must be affiliated with a Coastal Bend area school or homeschool organization such as a particular classroom or grade level, a boy or girl scout troop, student council, etc.
- Thirty (30) schools and three (3) alternates will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis; entries will be accepted until all slots are filled.
- Schools must complete their trees by 7pm on 11/17/23 to be ready for viewing on Saturday, 11/18/23.
- Each school will be provided with a 7 ft. artificial green, pre-lit tree and a $100 H-E-B gift card for decorating materials. Schools are NOT restricted to this $100 budget; additional supplies may be purchased or provided by your school.
- The majority of your school’s decorations should be hand-crafted.
- Digital voting for both museum and online visitors will run from 11/18 through 12/14. The top 3 winners will be contacted on Thursday, Dec. 15 before the end of the school day.
- Prizes are H-E-B gift cards in the following amounts: 1st Place – $300, 2nd Place – $150, 3rd Place – $75.
- The Christmas Tree Forest will remain on view through January 3, 2024.
Submit Your Entry
Please submit your entry using the form below. An email confirmation will usually be sent immediately but no later than the next BUSINESS day of receipt. Please follow up if you have not received a confirmation within 1 business day. Please do not assume that your entry was received as email servers can malfunction unknowingly. Any school withdrawing from the contest will need to contact the Museum at 361.825.3504 or AMSTed@tamucc.edu by 10/20/23.
NOTE: All spots have been filled. Thank you for your interest.