| Contest Rules |
Awards and Prizes |
Teacher Resources | Entry and other Forms |
- ELIGIBILITY AND CATEGORIES
GRADES 1-5; GRADES 6 - 8, HIGH SCHOOL: ART I-II, ART III-IV; each student may enter no more than 2 works of art; the works must be in two different media categories
- THEME AND WRITING COMPONENT
Entries should be based on the student's interpretation of this year's theme: The Art in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. As part of Visionarios' support of literacy and weaving art into class curriculum, each student is required to submit a short written statement that describes the S.T.E.M. concept(s) used or shown in his/her creation. Artwork submitted to the contest without a written statement will not be judged and therefore, will not be eligible to win an award.
- PRESENTATION OF WORK
- Entries must be sturdily mounted and preferably matted.
- Only framed entries must be ready to hang with wire, string, or mono-filament line securely attached.
- If work is framed, please do not use glass: use plexiglass or plastic.
- Unframed works will be hung using push pins.
- Entries must not exceed 28 inches in length or in width, nor be thicker than 4" from the wall.
- All work must be wall-dependent.
- A copy of the signed student entry MUST be attached to the back of the work.
- AMST is not responsible for damage to artwork due to insufficient hanging materials and/or methods.
Entries will be accepted:
February 1, 2018, 9am - 5pm
February 2, 2018, 9am - 6pm
No entries accepted prior to February 1st or after February 2nd, 6pm.
Entries must be delivered to the Art Museum of South Texas, 1902 N. Shoreline Blvd. by close of business day. Teachers should submit class work in groups, along with all the original signed Student Entry Forms and other information listed under "Teacher Checklist."
* Please make sure to submit Teacher Entry Form via e-mail before bringing your work.
- EXHIBIT AND PICK UP
Please do not submit work that cannot remain on exhibit for the entire cycle. By entering this contest, you are agreeing to keep your work on view at the Museum without interruption. The Visionarios entries are scheduled to be on display at the Museum from February 25 - April 15, 2018. Non-winning entries may be picked up between April 25 - May 9, 2018, BY APPOINTMENT.
Winning Entries will be exhibited at the Museum during the summer of 2018 and will be kept at the Museum from the time of entry until the end of August 2018. Please do not submit work that cannot remain on view during the summer in the chance of a piece being selected as a winner.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
Award winners will be notified and prizes will be awarded at Visionarios Family Day and Awards Presentation, February 25, 2018 1-3 p.m.
at the Art Museum of South Texas.
The following prizes will be awarded for each of the media categories (photography, wet media, dry media and mixed media) for each of the five age categories as listed above:
- 1st place - $100
- 2nd place - $50
- 3rd place - $25
- Honorable Mention - Museum Family Pass
Each first place-winning participant's instructor will be awarded a $50 prize.
Sponsors and/or their representatives cannot assume responsibility for theft, loss or damage of work submitted before or after the exhibit. No work may be withdrawn prior to and during the exhibition. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with the regulations of this competition including work whose subject matter is deemed inappropriate. Winning entries will remain at The Art Museum of South Texas for an extended period of time to be part of an additional Visionarios exhibition during the summer months of 2018. Signing this form constitutes acceptance of stated conditions and permission to reprint work and to photograph students for publicity purposes.
TEACHER RESOURCES AND SUBMISSION LINKS
- LEARN more about STEAM, Visionarios connections, and suggested activities by grade level by clicking on the images below:
- REVIEW step-by-step checklist by clicking the image below:
- PREPARE entries following guidelines as stated under contest rules (section 2 above)
- SUBMIT your teacher and student entry information by clicking the link below:
Teacher Entry Online Submission Page
Once you have submitted your entries with this method, you should receive an automated confirmation e-mail.
* If for some reason, you are unable to use the online submission page linked above, please use the Teacher Entry Form in PDF format linked in the image below. Using the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader software and the "Fill & Sign" function, type directly into the form, save it and email it back to AMSTed@tamucc.edu or print it out and bring to the Museum with your entries.
* Use ONLY if you are not able to use the Online Submission Page.
- COMPLETE (use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and the "Fill & Sign" function), save, print and have Student Entry Form signed by each parent/guardian:
(please make sure to adhere a copy of the form to the back of the artwork AND bring in an additional copy when turning in entry(ies). Entries can also handwritten into this document if needed.
- SEND your students' parents a notification letter about the contest:
- SUBMIT entries and forms.
If you need help, please email AMSTed@tamucc.edu or call 361.825.3504
Back to Top of Page